Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best German Soft Pretzel Sticks recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to German Soft Pretzel Sticks recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
When you go to the grocery store, be sensible about it. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to go to your house and make something from your kitchen. Your home should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it effortless to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are plenty of things you can do to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to german soft pretzel sticks recipe. To cook german soft pretzel sticks you need 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook German Soft Pretzel Sticks:
- Prepare Appetizers/Snacks
- Take 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Provide 2 envelope active dry yeast
- You need 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Use 5 3/4 cup all-purpose flour plus more for kneading
- Prepare 3/4 cup baking soda
- You need 1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Use 1 pretzel salt ( optional )
- Prepare 2 quart plus 2 cups warm water
Steps to make German Soft Pretzel Sticks:
- In a large bowl mix 2 cups warm water and brown sugar until dissolved.
- Stir yeast into mixture and let stand until foamy. 5 - 10 minutes usually.
- After yeast has foamed, stir in vegetable oil and 3 cups of the flor. Knead in remaining 2 and 3/4 cups flour. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and continue to knead until dough is silky. About 3 minutes. If dough is still sticky you can add up to 1/4 cup flour gradually.
- Place dough in large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature until double in size. About 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat over to 450°F and line 3 cookie sheets with parchment and butter the paper.
- Punch down the dough and on a flour work surface, Knead it slightly then flatten the dough out and cut into 24 even slices.
- Roll each piece into a 9 inch stick about half an inch thick. Transfer each stick onto buttered cookie sheets. Let stand uncovered until puffy. About 25 minutes.
- In a large deep skillet or large pot, add the baking soda to the 2 quarts of boiling water. Reduce the heat to moderate but not a rolling boil. In between boiling and simmer.
- Using 2 slotted spoons, carefully add 3 pretzel sticks at a time to water. Depending on how large the pan is, you may add more or less. Do not crowd.
- Cook in the simmering water solution 30 seconds, turning once. Add about 1/2 to 1 cup hot water to pan after each batch you par boil.
- Transfer the water bathed pretzels to a paper towel to drain off excess water.
- Return the drained sticks back to the buttered cookie sheet. Space them evenly apart.
- Brush the sticks with egg wash mixture and sprinkle with pretzel salt if desired.
- Bake about 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Some like dark brown and some light. its up to your taste how dark to get them, they are great either way.
- Serve with mustard or any dipping sauce you like. Beer cheddar sauce or honey mustard is excellent for these. You may also roll them in Cinnamon and sugar mixture as soon as they come out of oven for a sweet treat!
If you find this German Soft Pretzel Sticks recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.