Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Water is the most effective drinks out there. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every now and then isn’t a bad idea. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. Choosing water instead of other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Successful weight loss efforts often depend exclusively on water consumption.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy hasselback potato gratin recipe. You can have cheesy hasselback potato gratin using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin:
- Use 4 Gruyere or comte cheese, grated
- Use 3 Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- Take 2 cup heavy cream
- Prepare 4 clove garlic, minced
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Use salt & pepper
- Provide 3 large russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- Get 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Steps to make Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin:
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400°F. Combine cheeses in a large bowl. Transfer 1/3 of cheese mixture to a separate bowl and set aside. Add cream, garlic and thyme to cheese mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add potato slices and toss with your hands until every slice is coated with cream mixture, making sure to separate any slices that are sticking together to get the cream mixture in between them.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with butter. Pick up a handful of potatoes, organizing them into a neat stack, and lay them in the casserole dish with their edges aligned vertically. Continue placing potatoes in the dish, working around the perimeter and into the center until all the potatoes have been added. The potatoes should be very tightly packed. If necessary, slice an additional potato, coat with cream mixture, and add to casserole. Pour the excess cream/cheese mixture evenly over the potatoes until the mixture comes halfway up the sides of the casserole. You may not need all the excess liquid.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until the top is pale golden brown, about 30 minutes longer. Carefully remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and return to oven. Bake until deep golden brown and crisp on top, about 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes, and serve.
- Note: Because of variation in the shape of potatoes, the amount of potato that will fit into a single casserole dish varies. Longer, thinner potatoes will fill a dish more than shorter, rounder potatoes. When purchasing potatoes, buy a few extra in order to fill the dish if necessary. Depending on exact shape and size of potatoes and casserole dish, you may not need all of the cream mixture.
If you find this Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.