Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Traditional Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Traditional Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
Climb stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, walk up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a seriously high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is entirely do-able. Even if you do live or work on one of the top floors, you can still get off of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. So many people choose the elevator over hiking even a single flight of stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your lifestyle choices. It’s about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to traditional cottage pie recipe. To cook traditional cottage pie you need 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Traditional Cottage Pie:
- Get Mince
- You need 1 large onion, chopped
- Provide 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Take 300 ml red wine
- Provide 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- You need 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Prepare 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Use 2 medium carrots, sliced
- Get 150 grams smoked bacon, chopped
- Get 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- You need Salt
- Take Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Take 500 grams mince beef
- You need Mash
- Provide 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Get 80 grams butter
- Take 4 tbsp full fat milk
- Get 1 kg potatoes, peeled and diced
- Use Water, to boil potatoes
- Use 1 pinch salt
- Get Fresh ground black pepper
- Use Grated cheddar cheese
Steps to make Traditional Cottage Pie:
- Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat the oil over a medium heat. Then add the bacon, fry for 2-3 minutes until bacon is cooked. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the pan to the oil, cook over a medium heat until the vegetables become soft.
- Next add the mince and cook until brown.
- Add the tin tomatoes, purée, wine, mixed herbs, the cooked bacon, the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft. About 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well and then mash. Add the mustard, milk and butter. Season with pepper and if needed more salt. (You may add another tbsp of mustard, if you prefer the taste a little stronger).
- When ready, spoon the mince mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the mash and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 c / Gas mark 5.
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes or until the mash has become golden brown.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes prior to serving.
If you find this Traditional Cottage Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.